Maintenance and cleaning
A home entrance door is exposed to weather conditions, sunlight and the period of time it is installed. It is of great importance to protect the door, the various fittings, the handles, the paint or coatings, etc.
The protection must be effective in preventing the exposure of the door to contact with water and/or the sun, since it may be damaged by these exposures. It is important to protect it against pigmentation changes caused by exposure to the sun, peeling caused by burning the coating/paint, corrosion caused by high humidity or contact with rainwater and irrigation water and other hazards.
An entrance door is indeed manufactured in controlled processes that help prevent its sensitivity to the elements of weather and time, but these are never enough. It is very important to protect the door area from these hazards in order to maintain its quality over time.
Here are our guidelines:
Cleaning the door
Further to the directive of the Ministry of Health that handles and doors must be disinfected, cleaning instructions for entrance and interior doors from Shiryonit:
1. Cleaning the door is performed with a damp cloth and immediately after with a dry cloth. Do not leave water on the door that will dry on it or spill into places that may accumulate dust that, when mixed with water, will turn into sludge that may damage the operation of various assemblies inside the door. Also, stagnant water digests the galvanization of the tin and may cause rusting over time. It usually happens when the door comes into contact with water frequently, once a week, cleaning, irrigation water, rainwater, proximity to the sea, etc. A door that does not come into contact with water will not rust.
2. Do not use miracle sponge or scotchbrite or microfiber cloths on doors painted in the oven and/or with wet painting. The fibers of these products damage the color of the door. Do not use any lubricating sprays of any kind to clean the door, do not use WD40 and the like. These lubricating sprays are unequivocally harmful to the door color. It is strictly forbidden to use acids of any kind.
3. Under no circumstances should you use harsh substances such as fantastic, bleach, blue water, snow furniture and products not recommended by the manufacturer.
4. For disinfecting handles: wipes with alcohol or alcohol gel can be used.
5. Do not use any chemical substance to clean the door itself. Hashem Armored Company wishes everyone good health and a full recovery for the sick.
1. Slamming the door is performed by lightly pushing in the direction of closing until a click is heard when the lock tab jumps into the corresponding opening in the frame. Do not slam the door forcefully.
2.The door is locked using a key that is gently inserted into the cylinder hole. The key must be inserted until it stops completely. Turn the key in the direction of the lock until a click is heard indicating the end of the rotation procedure of the gear wheel in the lock.
3.To remove the key, it must be brought to a horizontal position when it is closer to the right side of the cylinder hole.
4.To open the door insert the key into the cylinder hole. The key must be inserted until it stops completely. Turn the key in the opening direction until a click is heard indicating the end of the rotation procedure of the gear in the lock.
5.Lower the door handle and open it. The door tab can be opened with another quarter turn of the key.
6.To remove the key, it must be brought to a horizontal position when it is closer to the right side of the cylinder hole.
1. The door you have is very durable and meets the strictest standard requirements, and despite this, the door must be protected from the elements, contact with rainwater, washing water and/or very humid areas. Mandatory to protect a door installed in areas exposed to the sun and contact with water.
2. Lubricate the hinges at least once a year with WD40 oil or equivalent. Do not use cooking oil or machine oil. In doors that are close to the sea and humid areas, the operation must be performed once every six months, or even more often depending on the need.
3. Do not lubricate the cylinder in any way during regular operation. The cylinder can only be lubricated in an extreme case where the key does not go in.
4. When this happens, it’s time to replace the cylinder. According to the instructions and recommendations of the cylinder manufacturers, a cylinder must be replaced once every 3 years. This recommendation is due to the following reasons:
1. The technological development of the burglars who could crack how to open the cylinder over the years.
2. The accumulation of dust inside the cylinder assembly, a situation that may impair its operation.
3. Renewal of the manufacturer’s warranty which is given for one year only.